Europe for Citizens Local efforts on environmental protection in the view of the environmental policy of the EU.
Várpalota – Hungary 11-16.08.2018. 595148-CITIZ-1-2017-2-HU
- Leader partner: Várpalota
- Towns involved: Várpalota (Hungary), Grotazzolina (Italy), Ilok (Croatia), Petrosani (Rumania), Psary (Poland)
- Number of participants from each town: max 26 people from 16 to 65 years old, young people and members of different associations on base of program.
- Facebook: Europe for Citizens Varpalota
The goal of the projct is to make known the cultural and gastronomical diversity of the EU; to understand the fundamental values of its political systems; to present the the institutional system of the EU trough games; discussion forum on the future of the EU, on the challenges ahead, on countries leaving the EU or entering the EU, on euro-skepticism, on migrant crisis. Besides there we also want to present the European Solidarity Corps and volunteering lifestyle.
The participation of the local NGO-s will forward idea to build international relationship with NGO-s arriving from abroad.
The program during the week:
- Discussion forum,
- Visiting institutions,
- National culinary evenings,
- Sport programs,
During the project there will also be a short-film-making competition on environmental problems. Film should be about environmental problem and has to show how the EU handles this kind of environmental problems.
On the natianl culinary evenings (as the former participants may remember well) each country will present simple meals from its traditional cuisine and will hold a short cultural show (folklore music, dancew etc.).